Beakbane Limited have been supplying bellows and flexible connectors into the rail industry since the company was formed in 1954.
- Traction Motor Bellows
- Air Intake Bellows
- HVAC Connectors
- Brake Actuator Bellows
For the following applications/customers:
- Brush Electric Class 92 Channel Tunnel Trains
- Amsterdam Metro
- Alstom Pendolino Locos
- MK IV Coaches
- Bombardier Turbostar Trains
- Virgin Voyager Locos
- Knorr-Bremse Rail Systems
All our products are bespoke and made to customer requirements, therefore, we offer a full design and technical service with all our products and services quality assured to ISO 9001 offering our customers problem solving products/solutions.
New to our range is Advanced Composite Protection Systems for Rail Industry Applications.
High technology thermoplastic composites are used extensively in many industries for its impact resistance, high strength and weight saving properties.
Rail Industry applications include:
- Bogie Stone Guards
- Bogie Mounted Signalling Equipment Protection
- Carriage Side Skirts/Inspection Panels
- Diesel Engine Stone Guards
- Engine Filter Guards
- Ballast protection
The advantages of Thermoplastic Composites over metals and glass fibre are:
- Impact Resistance Properties (NFF 07-101)
- Weight Reduction
- Cost Reduction
- Improved Integrity
- Load Bearing Capabilities
- Fire Resistant (NFF 16-101 & BS476 pt.7 Class 1)